The Department of Labor Affairs has issued new guidelines for posting job vacancies effective February 1st, 2012. Their basic requirements for placement of a vacancy ad are explained below.
In general, placement of a vacancy ad in a newspaper should show the businesses true intent in attracting the most suitable candidate. The suitable candidate may be a Dutch national already employed at another business, therefore every effort should be exerted to attract the potential employee. The vacancy ad should therefore meet the following basic requirements:
- Clear position title with job scope
- Clear outline of job responsibilities
- Overview of compensation & benefits package being offered
- Overview of competencies required for the job
- Overview of education requirements and years of experience required to successfully fulfill the job.
- Attractive lay out with contact information, including emails and address.
- A reasonable deadline for applicants to respond to the ad
- Candidates should be asked to submit resume, original diplomas & certificates, references names, recommendation letters (all in ENGLISH).
The Kiosk makes it easy for you to download the required forms directly from our website. You may access employment related forms on our Download page.